Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Review: Into the White (Covert Affairs)

This episode is hands down one of my favorites from the show thus far.

First, the character interactions were so well acted and all of it was great. I've loved Joan since the beginning, and let me just say that Kari's performance in this episode is amazing. I love Joan even more now, and this episode really shows the audience how much she cares about her operatives. I also love that she's not afraid to prove that she's just as capable as any man in the CIA. She's not defined by Arthur, and I love how she stood up for herself. She's such a well-written female character, much like Donna Paulsen on Suits, both of whom I love. The episode also showcases how Annie has changed. She knows that she can't go at it alone, and she's not afraid to cause some tensions because she knows that it's the right thing to do.  Auggie and Arthur's scenes, especially together, were extremely well done as well.

The plot itself was also fairly interesting, although I got slightly tired of the "Should Annie trust Teo or not?" ordeal. Even though I thought it was slightly predictable, I also really enjoyed it. Another one of my favorite scenes was near the end when Annie has to choose between trusting Teo or shooting him (Note: I'm not considering this a spoiler since it was in the promos). I still don't like Calder, but I can't to see how it plays out. (On a side note, I think Hill Harper does a great job playing Calder, but I just don't like Calder as a character.)

And last but not least, I can't write this review without mentioning the Annie/Auggie scenes. They get cuter and cuter every episode, I swear. I'll try to keep this portion small since I'm aware that not everyone ships them or really cares about them (at least in a review). I always squeal a bit when they're together because you can't deny how cute they are together. I love how they work together and support one another. I really want to see how this whole situation with Auggie keeping a secret from Annie plays out, and I'm curious as to how it'll play out. While I love the two of them together, I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if they broke up, particularly since Auggie would probably still be Annie's handler. (This also makes me want to make a side note relating to what happened to Joan, but it's a major SPOILER so don't read this if you don't want to be spoiled. I wonder who will replace Joan and how Joan's promotion will/will not affect her relationship with both Annie and Auggie (and maybe even Arthur, although they're not speaking to one another).)

I believe that that is all, although I'm sure I'm forgetting something.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and reading! I appreciate all comments, and I always comment back if I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...