Thursday, January 16, 2014

Characterize It (#2): The Wicked Witch of the West (Favorite Villain)


The Wicked Witch of the West (Favorite Villain)

This one's a hard one, mainly because I have to think about the villains in the books I've read! I guess I could go with an obvious one...


Bellatrix Lestrange FROM Harry Potter
Lord Voldemort FROM Harry Potter

Yes, both. For different reasons. I love Bellatrix because she's the villain that I love to hate. I really love her as a villain. She's ruthless, cunning, dark, independent, crazy (subjective), and all of that stuff. I don't know why, but I've just always liked her as a villain.
And of course, there's Voldie. :P What do I say about him? I enjoyed how Rowling gave him such a strong, specific background. You could see where he went wrong and what led him to become the villain that he is. (I still like Bellatrix better as a villain, but I didn't think it'd be fair to put Bellatrix and not Voldemort.)

Who's your favorite villain?



6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, that's as hard as picking your favourite main character! Ah, I'm going to say Count Olaf out of A Series of Unfortunate Events. I absolutely loathed him. But then he had kind of a tragic backstory in the last book...but I still loathed him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I was like, ack! Ooo, that's a good one. I never finished the series, and it's been a while since I've read it, otherwise it might have been my pick. :)

      Delete
  2. Favorite villain? Yipes. That's a hard one. I'm not entirely sure. . . Technically my favorite villain comes from a book a friend of mine is writing, but I guess that doesn't count here. That one is biased anyways. I might go with what Cait said. A Series of Unfortunate Events used to be my ALL time favorite series when I was younger and it still holds a close place in my heart. So either Olaf or Snape from Harry Potter. I know he wasn't exactly a villain at the end, but he kind of always was treated like one for a lot of the books and he was really just a man who made a few wrong choices, but was really a good man. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is hard! Ooo, that sounds awesome! Hopefully one day we will be able to use the character. ;)

      Awesome! As I said, I never finished the series and it's been a while (and Harry Potter is Harry Potter) so. I'm one of the few that isn't a fan of Snape. Hahaha! Even after the whole reveal, I don't like him and the way he treats students.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I have never read a single Harry Potter book.......
    Thanks for joining in!

    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and reading! I appreciate all comments, and I always comment back if I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...