It honestly does not feel like it's already been half a year since I began, and it feels like it was only yesterday that I started blogging. I never thought I'd actually keep this up, given my track record with previous attempts at some form of blogging.
That being said, I guess I'll recap some of the highlights of my time as a blogger thus far, ending with a massive thank you list.
BLOGGING HIGHLIGHTS (not in any particular order)
1) Creating my original blog in July. I believe I was at a summer program away from home at the time. I honestly can't say exactly what compelled me to start other than having a sudden urge to read books and talk about them like I used to. (I also just read my original introduction post. What was I thinking?)
2) Gaining some lovely followers. I'm pretty sure my first follower was my awesome friend, Taylor. And it just felt nice to know that someone was out there, looking at my tiny blog. And as time went on, gathering a slightly larger following just felt awesome. Sure, there are times where I'm still like, why doesn't anyone bother? But you know what, I'm enjoying this experience, and that's what matters.
3) Becoming friends with some really fabulous people (including authors! (Although maybe friends is a bit of a stretch in that case.)). I say this ALL the time, but I'm just so lucky to have made so many awesome friends, many of whom I will mention down below (I KNOW I'll miss someone, but please know that if I do, it's not intentional. You really all mean a lot to me, no matter how often we talk.)
4) Getting approved for my first book. This was the most awesome feeling, and knowing that I'm still such a new blogger, I still get excited every time (okay, I'm sure more experienced bloggers also get excited, but anyway). (I think the first book may have been Perfect Ruin, but I don't remember exactly.)
5) Receiving a book that I'm pretty sure I didn't request. When I received Fire & Flood from Scholastic, I just about screamed because as far as I know, I never requested it. AHHHH!
6) What's In the Snow? Scavenger Hunt event! Co-hosting this with Cal has been one of the most wonderful experiences ever. Seriously. Not only have I met even more awesome followers, but I've also gotten the chance to communicate with authors. And it's certainly been really interesting to have so much to deal with. I now know how hard it is to organize such an event! Both Cal and I hope to make it an annual celebration/event.
7) Switching to this blog. I'm so much happier to be starting with a semi-clean slate. I'm much happier with the name and just the whole way I'm handling it. It's really given me an extra boost and kick of motivation. YAY! It's only been a few days (and I still have some things to work on to make it even better here), but as I've said, I'm already so much happier.
8) Etc, etc. Because I would literally list every awesome thing that's happened since I started blogging.
THANK YOUs AND AWESOME BLOGGER FRIENDS
(I was going to write a short thing for each, but I really want to get this post up, so sorry!)
Taylor, my buddy from BT ;)
EVERYONE ELSE I'M FORGETTING
Thank you all! You've all made this experience an amazing one, and I can't believe I've made so many amazing new friends. You're all special to me, even if for different reasons. The one thing I do know is that we're all book lovers, and that makes you awesome on its own. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone's that's supported me and made this possible!
And one last thing! I will get a giveaway going sometime after the What's In the Snow? event. It's just a lot to handle already on its own (the event), so I'm going to wait until it's over. In the meantime, check out some of the prizes and giveaways going on for that!
Here's to another 6 months! *throws confetti* *parties* *drowns in homework and cold temperatures*
P.S. I'd love it if you would subscribe to my blog in any way. Don't feel obligated, but it'd make me smile. Thanks for stopping by either way! <3