Friday, January 31, 2014

Review: Frozen Movie


This movie wins for most misleading movie trailer. If it weren't for the fact that I'd heard such amazing things from other people and was told that it, in fact, isn't just about an annoying snowman and a reindeer, I wouldn't have gone to see it. Well, thank you to everyone that gushed about it and pushed me to go watch it.

Firstly, the annoying snowman and reindeer thing? SO NOT TRUE. OLAF <333 (the snowman) The reindeer I don't care much for, although I loved the bit at the end. Oh yay, vague mentions. But no spoilers, so! Anyway, Olaf is so sweet and HILARIOUS, and I love him so much. I thought he'd be annoying, but nope! So much love for Olaf. [Insert me singing In Summer.]

Then there's the guys in the movie. I knew there was something up with Hans, but I can't go much further without spoiling something. I do have to say that I loved the wonderfulness that was Love Is An Open Door. Seriously. The vocals in that song? Amazing. Kristoff was awesome, although I knew he would end up with [retracted for spoilers, though I'm sure you can figure it out] in the end. I love the connection between the scene in the beginning and what happens later on. And the rock family is cute. ;)

Of course, there's also the leading ladies. Firstly, can I just say, I am so in love with both Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel (How can you not??? Her voice is AMAZING.)! They both shined in their performances, both voicing the characters and also singing. Can I please have their voices? No? WHY?!?! But seriously, I'm so glad that this Disney movie isn't primarily about finding a prince or something, although it did seem that way in the beginning. This is about the relationship between siblings, and I am so glad it was that way. The ending (or close to the ending) surprised me but in all the best ways. The characters, particularly the ladies, were far beyond amazing. This is now one of my favorite Disney princess movies, right up there with Beauty and the Beast, Tangled, and Mulan. Thank you to Disney for finally making a movie that focuses on friendship and family rather than primarily romantic relationships.

The ending in general did feel a bit rushed, but I'm really happy with the solution, if you call it that, at the end. There was also a huge character learning arc, and I think that Anna and Elsa changed so much, for the better. Elsa became more comfortable and confident in herself. She realized that she can use her powers for good, rather than bad. She realized that she doesn't have to hide anymore. And Anna came to see how much her sister really loved her. She learned that she isn't alone and that she's more than just a girl that needs a guy/a relationship.

If you're looking for an all around solid movie, go watch Frozen. If you're looking for a movie that's about more than a romantic relationship, go watch Frozen. If you're looking for a movie with important life lessons and morals but still want it to be funny, go watch Frozen. If you want to go watch a movie but can't decide on one to watch, go watch Frozen. I can almost guarantee you won't regret it. 

On a side note: THE SOUNDTRACK. I am SO in love. Seriously, just go listen to it now. Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell in particular are amazing, and In Summer is a shout-out to my love for Olaf.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and reading! I appreciate all comments, and I always comment back if I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...