Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#7): Pointe by Brandy Colbert

This feature is hosted by Breaking the Spine!
For more info on this feature, see my features page.

Pointe by Brandy Colbert
Publisher: Penguin
Release Date: April 10th, 2014
Theo is better now.

She's eating again, dating guys who are almost appropriate, and well on her way to becoming an elite ballet dancer. But when her oldest friend, Donovan, returns home after spending four long years with his kidnapper, Theo starts reliving memories about his abduction—and his abductor.

Donovan isn't talking about what happened, and even though Theo knows she didn't do anything wrong, telling the truth would put everything she's been living for at risk. But keeping quiet might be worse.
Why I Want to Read This Book

If you don't already know, I'm a dancer. It's not anything professional, but it's a real passion of mine. Any book about dancing, particularly ballet/pointe, is a must read for me (I even wrote one of my own!). So okay, maybe I'm little upset that the MC seems to have had an eating disorder, but I'll admit that there are plenty of dancers with the same problem (but there are also plenty that don't, such as myself). And the rest of the plot seems really interesting as well.

And again, cover love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and reading! I appreciate all comments, and I always comment back if I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...