Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#10): Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour and The Fault in Our Stars Movie

This feature is hosted by Breaking the Spine!
For more info on this feature, see my features page.

Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Release Date: May 15th, 2014
A wunderkind young set designer, Emi has already started to find her way in the competitive Hollywood film world.

Emi is a film buff and a true romantic, but her real-life relationships are a mess. She has desperately gone back to the same girl too many times to mention. But then a mysterious letter from a silver screen legend leads Emi to Ava. Ava is unlike anyone Emi has ever met. She has a tumultuous, not-so-glamorous past, and lives an unconventional life. She’s enigmatic…. She’s beautiful. And she is about to expand Emi’s understanding of family, acceptance, and true romance.

Why I Want to Read This Book

Firstly, what a BEAUTIFUL cover. I know, I know. Don't judge a book by it's cover. But come on, we all do. Secondly, I kind of like reading books about famous people/movie stars/etc, so this appeals to me. Also, I'm really happy that this is a book with homosexual characters/relationships. But not just that. Based on the blurb, it's also about family and acceptance, and I'm just like "yes!"

Release Date: June 6th, 2014
Director: Josh Boone
Based On: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


Why I Want to Watch This Movie

Who doesn't want to watch this?! Okay, so this movie will almost definitely make me cry, but I loved the book SO much, and I can't wait to see it on screen. 

Yes, I'm uncertain about a lot of it, namely Shailene and especially Ansel, but I hope it ends up being better than I expect. At the moment, I just can't see Ansel as Augustus. Based off of stills and the leaked trailer, I just...I don't know...I just don't feel it. He seems...off. Same with the Hazel/Augustus relationship. It looks so...fake or forced from what I've seen. Perhaps the movie itself will be different, but these are my thoughts at the moment. I'm also excited to see Nat Wolff on screen as Isaac, as well as John Green's cameo in the movie. We shall see! Either way, I look forward to watching the movie and will definitely see it in theaters...with a lot of tissues. 

2 comments:

  1. I CAN'T WAIT for The Fault In Our Stars! I'm really hoping that it is good!
    Great pick. Thanks for sharing.

    My Waiting On Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It was pretty great!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and reading! I appreciate all comments, and I always comment back if I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...