Hey everyone! I want to introduce you to an event that Eli from RealityLapse and I have been planning for a while now. As you can see, it's called Book Bloggers and the Fandom Wars (though it's not exclusive to book bloggers). Now, this MAY be a bit complicated to explain, but I'm sure you'll be able to follow along. The two of us are obviously huge fangirls, so this event just seems perfect. It'll offer a bit of friendly competition between fandoms, and you'll be able to root for, support, and talk on and on about your fandom(s). More will be explained later, but this is mostly a sign up post at the moment. :)
The Way It'll Work
- Applications will close on June 7th.
- Everyone–bloggers, authors, book lovers, whoever–is welcome to apply.
- There will be bonus questions on some forms, not all of them. Don’t worry–whether or not you answer these does not account for the point system we’ll be using to judge these. Those bonus questions are simply a way to show us a little bit more of what you have to offer and your insight.
- There are two things you need to do to apply officially to be on the team. 1) Fill out the designated form. 2) Tweet. You can use anything from something as generic as
I just signed up to be a part of the team representing [name of book or series] in the #BBFandomWars. [link to post] You can too!
- If you can, be sure to mention me and Eli at @FlytoFiction and @elimadison2019 so that we can retweet and celebrate with you!
- Definitely not mandatory, but make sure to follow us on twitter to keep up with all the news about #BBFandomWars!
- There will be two posts a week, on Sundays and Wednesdays.
Teams and the Application Process
- Please acknowledge the fact that series signups will most likely include questions that will include spoilers and stand-alone questions will also include spoilers. This does not mean that you will have to talk about spoilers in the posts that you and your team are responsible for, but it does mean that you will have to answer those questions.
- Teams will be composed of ten people (this may change depending on how many people sign up).
- There will be two team leaders per team. Team leaders will be responsible for organizing the team. They will get pretty much the exact same information as everyone else, but will help to make sure everything stays on task, deadlines are met, etc.
- There are ten trivia questions per application and a handful of general questions.
- If you are accepted to be a part of the team, emails will be sent out to you at the latest by June 9th (signups close June 7th). If you do not respond within 24 hours, someone else will take your place on the team.
Things to Remember
- This is a friendly competition. This is not designed and was not created in the intention of starting a fandom war. We do, however, encourage you to continue discussing (or arguing about) your fandoms after the event has ended.
- If you are chosen to be a part of the team, you will be given information that is not open to the general public as of that time. You are not allowed to tell anyone outside of the fandom what they think about the matchups or who did better. You can only discuss it with your fandom and if any type of war or argument ensues, the team that started it will be disqualified. Eli and I will be following conversations and threads to make sure these rules are followed.
- We will be objective about this. My personal opinions, as well as Eli's, about different fandoms or answers to questions does not affect our decisions.