Thursday, May 1, 2014

Dance Appreciation Week: My Favorite Dance-Related Poem


Today, I'll be sharing with you my favorite dance-related poem. Admittedly, I don't know of many dance poems and perhaps a list of dance-related quotes would have been smarting, but I really do love this poem, and I want to share it with you all! :)

They Who Dance by Marjorie Allen Seiffert

The feet of dancers 
Shine with laughter, 
Their hearts are vibrant as bells; 

The air flows by them 
Divided, like water 
Before a gleaming ship. 

Triumphantly their bodies sing, 
Their eyes 
Are blind with music. 

They move through threatening ghosts, 
Feeling them cool as mist 
Against their brows. 

They who dance 
Find infinite golden floors 
Beneath their feet.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and reading! I appreciate all comments, and I always comment back if I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...