Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Blog Announcement!

I am first and foremost sincerely sorry to all the people that follow me on Twitter and have already been bombarded with announcement tweets. Thanks for putting up with me and all of my excitement. ;) I do, however, still have to make the announcement on my blog, officially, for a variety of reasons.

But for those of you that either missed it or aren't on Twitter, drum roll please!
I am one of two new writers at Lit Up Review!
I only just found out Sunday night, but if you can guess, I've been ecstatic about this. *throws confetti* *parties* Yes, it's a big commitment and will keep me busy, but I admire the ladies (Willa, Meredith, and Emily) of Lit Up Review. Lit Up Review is one of the blogs that I've looked up to ever since I stumbled upon it. I applied on a whim, not expecting to get the position at all (I think I may have even said that in my application *facepalm*). But really, I'm looking forward to learning from the other writers, and I'm excited to get to know them better. I'd like to give a huge thanks to Willa, Meredith, Emily, and Erin from Lit Up

I also want to give a shout-out to the other new writer, Grace from Words Like Silver!

Moving right along from this awesome news, I need to address how it will probably affect this blog. 

Firstly, I'll likely be posting a bit less on here. This is both because my old posts will all be out by early March, and now, with Lit Up, I'll have to split my time. That being said, I'll almost definitely cross-post my reviews. I'm hoping that this will push me to read more often, as well as work on posts more often. It'll get hectic in the spring when I have dance competitions, finals, APs, Regents, blogging, reading, and everything else. But I'm taking it one step at a time. This may mean another hiatus around April/May/June ish, but I'm going to try my best to schedule posts so that I won't have to go on hiatus.

I'm also contemplating both changing a few of my features, particularly Talk About It Tuesday, or completely getting rid of one or two, but I also want to work on posting consistently. This may mean that I'm not going to post every day, but I'll try not to stack up posts. I'm hoping to have more discussion and bookish posts that aren't necessarily reviews. 
  • On a similar note, I want to start posting music, TV show, etc reviews again. I've been really bad about keeping up with that, and it may only get harder, but I'm determined to continue to keep this a multi-media focused blog. I have a few features that I've been thinking about, and I'm still deciding what to do because I already have so many. I will keep you guys updated.

I'm also going to try to not spend as much time on social media. I know I say it all the time, and I fail miserably, but with more to do, I can't afford to continue to be on social media *ahemTWITTERahem* all the time. 

I am still on hiatus, and I may extend it just a little bit, but I'm not sure yet. I'm also hoping to get a huge giveaway set up to celebrate a few milestones, so keep an eye out for that! (I realize that there's not as much that's changing as I thought. Just potentially fewer posts, re-focusing, more commitment, and two places to read posts by yours truly.)

Thank you so much for all of your kindness and patience as I deal with everything! I'm excited to see how things go from here on forward.

6 comments:

  1. I'm ecstatic that you're joining us on Lit Up Review! Even though you didn't expect to be picked, we loved how passionate and enthusiastic you seemed, and we know you'll be a great addition to the team. Good luck with this and your other blogging changes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! Awww, I'm glad to hear that. I was excited about the possibility because I love Lit Up Review and all the work you, Willa, Meredith, and Erin have done and continue to do. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Ooh! Congrats! I haven't heard of that blog, but I'm totally checking it out now! And don't go too far from twitter. We'll miss you! *sniff sniff*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cait! :) I certainly will not. (I always say I will, but I never do, so never fear. ;) )

      Delete
  3. OMFG CONGRATS YOU LIKE AHHHHHH! AND ITS SO COOL THAT YOU'RE TURNING THIS BLOG INTO MORE OF A POP CULTURE BLOG RATHER THAN JUST BOOKS! ITS EXPANDING I TELL YOU WHEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. THANKS, NOVA!!!!!!!!! *tackle hugs* I always meant for it to be more than a book blog, but gah! Having simply a book blog is hard enough! I'm trying to find a balance. Firstly, I'll need to listen and watch some stuff so I can review or discuss 'em. I hope it'll pay off because I'm such a fangirl over like everything, not just books. ;) Thanks for making my day, darling! <3

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and reading! I appreciate all comments, and I always comment back if I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...