Monday, June 1, 2015

Music Monday (#12): Wilder Mind by Mumford and Sons

Every other Monday, I'll share a song/artist/album that I'm either currently listening to or currently obsessed with, though they often go hand-in-hand. Some may have special themes or surprises. This means that I might share a playlist, fan!mix, Top Ten list, etc.

For the longest time, I was feeling really skeptical about Mumford and Son's new sound, but while I still really love their original sound, I don't mind their new direction. I feel like at the heart, they're still the same. Their lyrics are just as deep and insightful. Their style of singing actually isn't all that different. All they've really done is change the instruments they use to get their music and lyrics across. It's certainly new, and I don't know that I can say that I like the new sound better; I think I'm still partial to their original sound, but I don't mind it the way some other fans do. It doesn't sound or feel like Mumford and Sons at the surface, but I think that if fans, new or old, could get past that, they would see that the heart of Mumford and Sons has remained the same. That being said, I do sort of hope that they go back to their original sound. Either way, however they decide to move forward, I recommend their new album and look forward to their next one (already).

1. Tompkins Square Park
2. Believe
3. The Wolf
4. Wilder Mind
5. Just Smoke
6. Monster
7. Snake Eyes
8. Broad-Shouldered Beasts
9. Cold Arms
10. Ditmas
11. Only Love
12. Hot Gates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and reading! I appreciate all comments, and I always comment back if I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...