Monday, March 23, 2015

Music Monday (#10): Little Toy Guns by Carrie Underwood

Every other Monday, I'll share a song/artist/album that I'm either currently listening to or currently obsessed with, though they often go hand-in-hand. Some may have special themes or surprises. This means that I might share a playlist, fan!mix, Top Ten list, etc.

This week, I'm kicking it back to an artist I've loved for a really long time: Carrie Underwood. I love her music, and I love her as a person. She's so inspiring, and I'm excited for her new music, whenever we'll be getting that.

In her new greatest hits album, Carrie Underwood Greatest Hits: Decade #1, she has two new singles, Something in the Water and Little Toy Guns. I absolutely love both of them but for different reasons. I also love both of the music videos, but lately, the one I've been obsessing over more is Little Toy Guns (perhaps because Something in the Water came out first, so I was obsessing over that before).

It's such a Carrie Underwood song. It's catchy, but there's also so much meaning behind it, which I think the music video really got at. The music video is visually stunning, but it's also incredibly able to convey the full story Carrie is telling in the song. It's so beautiful and refreshing to see Carrie continue to address big issues through her music, something that artists tend to stay away from. It really shows how parents fighting and arguing all the time really affects children and how we often forget about others when we're arguing because we're only thinking about protecting ourselves. But what about the kids who deal with the yelling on a daily basis? How do they feel? How does it affect them? Little Toy Guns scratches the surface of the answers to these questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and reading! I appreciate all comments, and I always comment back if I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...