I'm embarrassed to see how long it's been since my last month in review. I actually had a few scheduled for some of the past few months, but they fell through and just *hides my face* Because I've been on a mega hiatus, this month's Month in Review will look a bit different. I want to use this as a chance to catch up, let you guys in on what's been going on, and all that good stuff. Of course, I'll also link to this month's reviews and since I didn't read much this month, I'll include that too.
First things first.
I'm really excited about this, but besides getting back to blogging, Lit Up Review has also changed one of our members, and we now have a bunch of new contributors! I'm really excited about this, and I think this will be great for all of us at Lit Up.
In addition, we've finally launched Feminists Talk Books! I'm one of five bloggers, and we're super excited about this project. It's been a long time coming, and we're finally open. I'm so passionate about this little blog of ours, and I'm excited for what's to come. Our main goal is to spark discussions, talk about books, talk about feminism, and try to do our small part to make our world and community a better place. I hope you'll check us out, whether you call yourself a feminist or not.
I've been in and out of reading slumps, and my reading pace is so much slower than it usually is right now. I'm currently 11 books behind on my Goodreads challenge, but oh well. There are a bunch of books I've started but haven't finished (that's a bad habit of mine), but anyway.
Books I Read:
Movies I Watched:
1) Still dancing. Lots of dance. Things are starting to get intense as we near competition season.
2) I WON FAWM (Feb Album Writing Month--the songwriting version of NaNoWriMo) FOR THE FOURTH YEAR IN A ROW! Most of my songs this year were actually inspired by/based on my novel, so if you wanna check it out, click here!
3) President's Week break was the break I needed, but I'm sad we have five full weeks until our next break.
4) I mentioned this already, but it's both a blogging and personal thing: Feminists Talk Books!
5) School, guys. Ugh. And I've begun the wait for college acceptances. The worst part though is still the whole financial aid thing.
6) Lent has begun, and of course I've begun to get cravings for junk food and all that stuff now that Lent has begun. I got to go to church for Ash Wednesday though!
7) What even happened this month? :P Oh yeah, snow and snow days. That's been pretty great...ahem.