Sunday, March 23, 2014

#MadWritersClub Week 1

If you don't already know, I write...sometimes. I write songs, as is evident from my recent hiatus when I was worrying about FAWM. But I also write books (ish) sometimes. If you follow me/talk to me on Twitter, you've probably seen me talk about it at least once. 

Anyway, Christine @ Christiney Writes asked me if I was interested in her #90DayWritingChallenge / #MadWritersClub. Since I'm gearing up (sort of ) for Camp NaNoWriMo, I figured why not? So this is me giving this a go. I'll probably fail at it, but who cares. I'm not even completely sure what I want to work on yet, and it's already started. If you'd like to learn more about, please check out Christine's into post.

Week 1
Introduce the project you’ll be working on for the next 90 days and the ultimate end goal. For some, it might be a completed first draft of their shiny new idea. For others, a polished, revised draft. Maybe, it’s not a novel but a collection of poetry, short stories, etc. Whatever it is, this is the week to share your project (as much as you are willing) as well as your goal.

So my goal for Camp NaNoWriMo is to start the second draft of my NaNoWriMo novel. That being said, I know I won't complete the revision in April alone. For the #90DayWritingChallenge, I'd like to start to re-write my draft, currently titled A Moment of Forever, a totally random title that I chose because I needed one. You can read more about it on my NaNoWriMo profile. It's about a mixture of so many things that are important to me and that I've wanted to see in YA literature for so long. There's ballet, siblings, friendships, a male protagonist, and lots of breaking of stereotypes, hopefully, especially surrounding male dancers and the dance world in general. It's like my baby, but having read through roughly half my NaNo draft, it's terrible. Additionally, I'm changing a major plot point, as well as major characters, their backgrounds, and their importance in the story. So I've got a long road ahead of me with this. At the very least, I don't think I'll ever get tired of writing about dance, which was why I wrote my novel about it. It's the very first WIP that I've finished a complete draft of.

I'm also still contemplating another idea that I've had for a while, but I still need to brainstorm a lot of it, and I need to figure out the characters, the direction/plot, the conflict, and the format that I want to write the book in. This means that I can't really explain what I'm really working on, but I hope to get some more ideas figured out and start to outline this. It deals with internet friendships and stuff like that. ;)

All in all, my goals aren't specific in that I have a specific word count or anything that I'm looking to hit. Plus, this will be a very busy time in the school year for me, so let's see how this will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and reading! I appreciate all comments, and I always comment back if I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...