Saturday, October 17, 2015

Updates on Life, Books, and Starting New

Hey lovelies! So. It's been a while since I've blogged or even tweeted regularly, if you couldn't tell. If you follow me or are friends with me on Goodreads, you may also have noticed that I've also been reading very little, if at all, since the end of the summer. To say that I've been busy or getting used to this new start would be an understatement. I wanted to apologize for being away and for taking an unplanned but kind of expected hiatus, but I've realized lately that I shouldn't apologize for it and for taking time for myself.

Hiatuses, College, Fresh Starts

As you may have understood from what I mentioned, or may know because of Twitter or Instagram, I just started my freshman year of college. Now, some people are really good at managing their time and finding a great balance, but I am not that kind of person, at least not yet. I've been taking a lot of time trying to find my groove and make new friends. I haven't been reading because I haven't really had much time to myself. I've been hanging out with friends almost all the time, and now I'm headed into the two toughest weeks yet. I want to start taking more time for myself, as in letting myself be alone more, and hopefully then I'll get back to reading and blogging regularly. I have some books from this summer that I'll review, but I don't know when those will go up. I still have one or two tour posts that'll go up soon, but otherwise, I have nothing scheduled as of right now. I might return to mixing up what I'm writing about so that it's not just about books, but again, I don't really know how things will go from here on out. I don't want to stop blogging, but I also don't want to be inconsistent. This first month of college has been full of new experiences and lots of growing, but looking back on my first month, I still have some things to figure out. But I promise I'll be back eventually; I truly miss reading and blogging. I know it's doable and many bloggers are college students, but everyone's different, so we'll see.

Blog Updates (FTB, LUR)

In other news, I wanted to give you guys an update on the various other blogs I blog at. I haven't been very active on Feminists Talk Books, and I really apologize for that. I'm speaking to the girls now to see how we want to move forward from here on out, so I'll let you know if anything changes at a later date. For now, I'm hoping to get back into it once I start reading and blogging again. In addition, I've stepped down from being one of the main writers for Lit Up Review and am now just a contributor. Even though I'm sad, it's nice to know that I now have friends in the other writers and contributors. Being a part of Lit Up Review was such a great experience, and I'm happy I'm still able to contribute once in a while. I think it's for the best that I hand the reigns to someone else because I know they're much more able to give the blog the dedication and time it deserves. I'm just really happy I still get to play a small part in LUR.

INFINITE GOLDEN FLOORS

Lastly, I wanted to introduce my new personal blog, Infinite Golden Floors. I meant to launch it over the summer but kept pushing that back because I wasn't ready with graphics and scheduled posts and whatnot. It's still not quite ready, but I want to at least let you all know about it, especially since the Instagram account associated with the blog has been up and running for some time now. The personal blog may eventually mix with Fly to Fiction, but for now, they remain very separate. Infinite Golden Floors is my space to talk about life in college, my travels, my everyday thoughts, etc. It's more a journal and collection of thoughts, opinions, etc than anything. Posts will range from travel adventures, college life/updates, reviewing or writing about favorite coffee shops or places around NYC, pictures of city life, opinions and thoughts on important issues, thoughts on personal topics, and more. You can see from the Instagram that it's pretty different from Fly to Fiction, and you can tell from the blog design that it'll have a very different aesthetic. I hope to be able to keep up with both these blogs as well as my studies and social life, but we'll see. I'm already falling behind! Anyway, I'm actually really excited about Infinite Golden Floors, and I hope you'll enjoy reading it!

I think that's about it for my little update! As always, thanks for sticking around. I'll try to do something special for you all soon. I hope you'll still stick around. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am also a freshman in college and had a lot of trouble adjusting and managing my time the first few weeks. I think I have it under control a bit more now, though. I'm just starting to get back into blogging and reading. I hope you figure things out and I look forward to your return!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and reading! I appreciate all comments, and I always comment back if I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...